“ The web framework for perfectionists with deadlines “
Django was developed by Lawrence Journal World in 2003 and released in year 2005.
Django is a python web application framework. It is famous for it’s fast project develpment features. It takes very less time in building the appliacation
Django uses the MVT [Model View Template] approach.
Some Features of Django
- Open Source
- Platform Independent
- Database Support
- Fast Development
- Open Source :
- It is publicly avaiable at free and helps in reducing the cost of the development.
- Free to use all Django latest version.
- Implementation modules can be easily downloaded without any license agreement.
- It can be downloaded with source code from public repositiry
- Platform Independent :
- Django applications are platform independent.
- A same django application can be deployed on various platforms- if provided with proper django environment.
- Portablity :
- Django app are portable can be easily carried from one platform to another.
- Database Support :
- Django comes with huge collection of database drivers which help to connect all majore databases of real world implementation like. SqlLite, MySql, MongoDb etc.
- Secure :
- Django authentication system Provides a secure way to handle user passwords and accounts.
- Fast Development :
- It was designed in such a way that it takes less time to build web application.
- Versatile :
- Django is used in development for various types of application : Scientific Computing Platforms, Social Network Sites, Content Management.
Some of the sites which uses django are :
and many more sites uses django.